Last Updated: August 16, 2023
Welcome to Khaydin (“Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”). This privacy notice explains how and for what purposes we collect, store, use, and share (“process”) your information when you utilize our services (“Services”). These Services encompass various interactions, such as:
- Visiting our official website at https://www.Khaydin.com or any of our affiliated websites linked to this privacy notice.
- Engaging with us through activities including sales, marketing initiatives, and events.
By reading this privacy notice, you will gain insights into your privacy rights, options, and our data practices. If you disagree with our policies and approaches, kindly refrain from using our Services. If you have any queries or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us at privacy [@] Khaydin.com. Please remove the spaces and brackets when emailing us.
Key Points from Our Privacy Notice
This summary provides essential insights from our privacy notice. To delve deeper into each topic, follow the link provided after each key point or navigate through the table of contents below.
- Personal Information ProcessingDepending on your interactions with Khaydin and our Services, the choices you make, and the features you use, we may process personal information when you visit or use our Services.
- Sensitive Personal InformationSensitive personal information may be processed when necessary, with your consent or as per applicable laws.
- Third-Party Information SharingWe do not receive any information from third parties.
- Information Processing MethodsWe process your information to enhance, manage, and communicate about our Services, as well as for security, fraud prevention, and legal compliance. Your information is processed based on valid legal reasons.
- Sharing Information in Specific SituationsInformation sharing occurs in specific scenarios and with distinct third parties. Learn more by clicking here.
- Ensuring Information SecurityWe have implemented organizational and technical measures to safeguard your personal information. However, complete security against unauthorized access cannot be guaranteed in the digital realm.
- Your Privacy RightsYour geographic location might grant you specific rights concerning your personal information under applicable privacy laws.
- Exercising Your RightsContact us to exercise your rights conveniently. We will address your requests in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
- Understanding Khaydin’s Information HandlingInterested in comprehending how Khaydin utilizes collected information? Explore more about our practices.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information You Share with Us: We collect a range of personal information that you voluntarily provide when you engage with our Services. This can include data you provide during registration, when expressing interest in our products or services, participating in surveys or contests, or when contacting us for support. The types of personal information we gather vary based on your interactions, choices, and the features you use. These may include details such as your full name, phone number, email address, mailing address, job title, preferred contact methods, authentication credentials, and billing information.
Sensitive Data Considerations: In certain cases, and with your explicit consent or where permitted by applicable laws, we may handle sensitive information. This could involve processing government-issued identifiers such as social security numbers, health-related information for specific service requests, or biometric data for enhanced security features. We treat sensitive data with utmost care and process it only when necessary and in accordance with applicable regulations.
Information We Automatically Capture: When you interact with our Services, certain information is automatically collected to ensure optimal functionality, security, and user experience. This information is gathered through various technologies such as cookies, log files, and analytics tools. It typically includes details about your device and how you use our Services, such as your IP address, browser type, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, and interactions with our website or application. This data helps us ensure the security of our Services, analyze user behaviors to improve our offerings, and personalize your experience.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
Information Processing Purposes: We process your personal information for a variety of purposes, each aimed at delivering, enhancing, and managing our Services. These purposes encompass:
- Facilitating Account Creation and Authentication: We process the data you provide during registration to create and maintain your account, allowing you secure access to our Services.
- Fulfilling and Managing Orders: When you place orders through our platform, we use your information to process payments, track shipments, manage returns and exchanges, and provide customer support.
- Safeguarding Vital Interests: In certain exceptional situations, we may process your information to protect vital interests, such as preventing harm to individuals or public safety.
- Other Legitimate Purposes: We may process your data for other legitimate business purposes, always ensuring that such processing aligns with your expectations and rights.
3. WHAT LEGAL BASES GUIDE OUR DATA PROCESSING?
Legal Foundations for Data Processing: Our data processing activities are conducted based on legal bases as defined by applicable regulations. These include:
- Consent: Where you have provided us with your consent, we process your data as outlined in this notice. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
- Performance of a Contract: We process your data to fulfill our contractual obligations when you engage with our Services or when preparing to enter into a contract with us.
- Legal Obligations: We process your data when necessary to comply with legal obligations, respond to law enforcement requests, and meet regulatory requirements.
- Protection of Vital Interests: In specific situations, we may process your data to protect your or another individual’s vital interests, especially in emergencies.
For Individuals in the EU or UK
If you are situated in the EU or UK, this section is applicable to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR, it is our obligation to clarify the valid legal grounds we rely on to process your personal information. In this regard, we might depend on the following legal bases for processing your personal information:
- Consent: Your information might be processed if you have explicitly granted us permission (consent) to utilize your personal information for a specific purpose. Withdrawal of consent is possible at any time.
- Performance of a Contract: Processing of your personal information could take place when we consider it necessary to fulfill our contractual commitments to you. This includes rendering our Services or acting on your request prior to entering into a contract.
- Legal Obligations: We might process your information when we believe it is essential to adhere to legal obligations. This could encompass cooperating with law enforcement or regulatory bodies, safeguarding our legal rights, or presenting your information as evidence in litigation.
- Vital Interests: Information processing may be carried out if we deem it necessary to safeguard your vital interests or those of a third party. This applies to situations involving potential threats to anyone’s safety.
For Individuals in Canada
If you are located in Canada, this section pertains to you.
We may process your information under specific permission (express consent) granted for particular purposes, or when your consent can be inferred (implied consent). You retain the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
In unique circumstances, applicable law might legally permit us to process your information without your explicit consent. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- In the Interests of an Individual: If collection is evidently in an individual’s best interests and obtaining consent is impractical within a reasonable timeframe.
- Investigations and Fraud Prevention: For conducting investigations and preventing fraud.
- Business Transactions: In cases where specific conditions are met for business transactions.
- Insurance Claims: When the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim as part of a witness statement.
- Communication with Next of Kin: Identifying injured, ill, or deceased individuals and communicating with next of kin.
- Financial Abuse: When reasonable grounds exist to believe an individual has been, is, or may be a victim of financial abuse.
- Protection of Information Availability: If collecting and using information with consent would compromise its availability or accuracy, and collection is related to investigating breaches of agreements or contraventions of laws.
- Legal Compliance: When disclosure is essential to comply with legal obligations, such as subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or court rules regarding record production.
- Employment, Business, or Profession: If information is produced in the course of employment, business, or profession, and collection aligns with the information’s original purpose.
- Journalistic, Artistic, or Literary Purposes: When collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes.
- Publicly Available Information: When information is publicly available and specified by regulations.
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
Data Sharing Scenarios: We may share your personal information in various scenarios, which include:
- Business Transfers: In the event of mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, or financing transactions involving our company, your data may be shared or transferred to other parties involved in these activities.
It’s essential to understand that data sharing is conducted in accordance with the descriptions provided in this notice and involves specific third parties associated with the mentioned scenarios.
5. HOW LONG IS YOUR DATA RETAINED?
Data Retention Durations: We retain your personal information only for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. The retention period varies depending on factors such as legal requirements, operational needs, and contractual agreements. Once the data is no longer needed, we securely delete or archive it in compliance with relevant regulations.
6. HOW DO WE SAFEGUARD YOUR DATA?
Security Measures Implemented: We have implemented a range of security measures, combining organizational and technical approaches, to protect your personal data. These measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the confidentiality of your information. They include encryption, access controls, firewalls, regular security assessments, and employee training. However, it’s important to acknowledge that no security system is entirely foolproof, and while we strive to secure your data, risks associated with data transmission and storage are inherent.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
Your Privacy Entitlements: Depending on your jurisdiction, you have specific privacy rights concerning your personal data:
- Access and Copy: You can request access to the personal information we hold about you and obtain a copy of it.
- Rectification and Erasure: You have the right to correct inaccuracies in your data and request its deletion under certain circumstances.
- Data Portability: In some instances, you may have the right to receive your data in a structured, machine-readable format.
- Restriction of Processing: You can request that we limit the processing of your data in certain situations.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we process your data based on your consent, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
- Object to Processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your data under specific circumstances.
In certain geographical regions, including the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom (UK), and Canada, you possess specific rights that grant you increased access to and control over your personal data. You retain the ability to examine, modify, or terminate your account whenever you wish.
For regions such as the EEA, UK, and Canada, your rights under relevant data protection laws encompass the following:
- The right to request access and acquire a copy of your personal information.
- The right to request rectification or erasure of your data.
- The right to limit the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability, if applicable.
- In specific situations, the right to object to the processing of your personal information. Should you wish to make use of these rights, please reach out to us using the contact details found in the “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” section below.
We will carefully assess and address any request in adherence to the applicable data protection laws.
For individuals in the EEA or UK who suspect that we are unlawfully processing their personal information, the right to lodge a complaint with the local data protection supervisory authority is also granted. You can find their contact information here: Data Protection Authorities in EU.
If you are in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are accessible here: Swiss Data Protection Authorities.
Withdrawal of Consent: If our processing of your personal information relies on your consent, whether express or implied as per applicable law, you have the prerogative to withdraw that consent at any time. To do so, kindly contact us using the details provided in the “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” section below.
It’s important to note that this action will not impact the lawfulness of processing prior to withdrawal. Furthermore, where allowed by relevant law, it won’t affect processing grounded in legitimate processing reasons other than consent.
Opting out of Marketing and Promotional Communications: You have the option to unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time. This can be done by clicking the unsubscribe link in the emails we send or by contacting us using the information provided in the “HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?” section below. Afterward, you’ll be removed from our marketing lists. However, we might still reach out to you for non-marketing reasons, such as service-related messages or responses to your service requests.
Should you wish to review, modify, or terminate the information within your account, you have the following options:
- Get in touch with us through the provided contact information.
Upon your account termination request, we will deactivate or erase your account and details from our active databases. However, certain information might be retained in our records to prevent fraud, address issues, assist with investigations, uphold legal terms, and comply with relevant legal obligations.
If you have inquiries or feedback concerning your privacy rights, feel free to email us at privacy [@] Khaydin.com.
8. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Do-Not-Track Considerations: Presently, we do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals. As there is no universally accepted standard for these signals, we will adapt our practices if a standard emerges in the future. This is a privacy setting that you may set in your web browsers. If turned on, this setting directs websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing, to stop tracking your activity.
9. PRIVACY RIGHTS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Specific Rights for California Residents: If you are a California resident, you have specific rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). These rights include requesting information about data disclosures and exercising certain privacy-related options. We do not sell personal information, and you have the ability to request the deletion of publicly posted information.
- California Consumer Privacy Act
California Civil Code section 1798.100-1798.199 provides you with the following rights:
Right to know your collected personal information. You may request that we identify the (i) categories of personal information we collected about you in the past 12 months; (ii) the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; (iii) the business or commercial purpose for collecting the information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom the Company shares the personal information; and (v) the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you.
Right to know your disclosed personal information. You may request that we state (i) whether we have disclosed any of your personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the prior 12 months; (ii) list the categories of personal information that we have disclosed, if any, to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the prior 12 months.
Right to request deletion of personal information. Subject to legal exceptions, you may request that we delete your personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any rights you have under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
If you are a California resident and want to exercise any right under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you may do so by contacting us at https://Khaydin.com/contact-us/, or by referring to the contact details at the bottom of this document. Please be advised we will first need to verify your identity using the following information before you can exercise any of your rights:
1. First Name
2. Last Name
3. email address
4. Are you a California Resident?
5. Who is making this request?
6. If you are an Insured a. Policy Number b. Policy Contact Number
7. If you are an employee or former employee a. Physical office location of employment b. Last 4 digits of SSN
8. If you are a California Resident and not an insured or an employee/former employee a. Your address b. Ck Specialty Broker Contact Name
9. What is the specific nature of your request? a. I’d like to know what categories of information you have about me. b. I’d like to know what specific pieces of information you have about me. c. I’d like you to delete the information you have about me.
This information may include name, contact information, and information related to your relationship with Ck Specialty, but the specific information requested may differ depending on the nature of your request, in order to protect your privacy and for your security.
You may also exercise any right under the California Consumer Privacy Act through an authorized agent. We will need documentation verifying that your designated agent is authorized to act on your behalf. We may not be able to fulfill your request if we are unable to verify that the agent is, in fact, authorized to act on your behalf.
Under California law, we are only required to respond to such request from the same individual no more than twice in a 12-month period.
10. NOTICE UPDATES
Modifications to This Notice: We may periodically update this privacy notice to remain in compliance with relevant laws and to reflect changes in our data processing practices. When we make updates, we will revise the “Last Updated” date and may inform you of significant changes. We recommend checking this notice periodically to stay informed about how we protect your data.
11. CONTACTING US ABOUT THIS NOTICE
Getting in Touch: For questions, comments, or concerns about this privacy notice, you can reach out to us via email at privacy [@] Khaydin.com. Or by postal mail using the contact information provided.
Bell Media Tower, 1800 McGill College Ave,
Montreal, Quebec H3A 3J6,
12. REVIEWING, UPDATING, OR DELETING YOUR COLLECTED DATA
Access, Updates, and Deletions: Subject to applicable laws, you have the right to request access to the personal information we hold about you, request corrections, or ask for its deletion. To exercise these rights, you can use the provided request form, and we will respond in accordance with the applicable regulations.